- "Latet enim veritas, sed nihil pretiosius veritate" Francisco Sanchez de las Brozas (Minerva I, 1, 40, 16).
- Translation: "Truth is hidden, but nothing is more beautiful than the truth.
- Memento mori.
- Translation: Remember that you are going to die.
- Mendacem memorem esse oportet.
- English equivalent: A liar should have a good memory.
- Meaning: "Liars must remember the untruths they have told, to avoid contradicting themselves at some later date."
Si hîc esses, seires qua me vellicent.
- English equivalent: No one knows where the shoe pinches, but he who wears it.
- Meaning: "Nobody can fully understand another person's hardship or suffering."
Suum cuique Pulchrum.
- Translation: To each its own is beautiful.
- English equivalent: The bird loves her own nest.
Ulula cum lupis, cum quibus esse cupis.
- Translation: "Who keeps company with wolves, will learn to howl."
- Meaning: You will become like the people you surround yourself with.
Veritas odium paret
- Translation: Truth creates hatred.
Vincit qui patitur. - motto Berea College, Berea, KY
- English equivalent: Persevere and never fear.